As a Field Application Engineer you will be the first point of contact for XYZ Reality onsite!
As an FAE you will use traditional survey methodologies to enable the implementation of an Engineering Grade Augmented Reality Solution on a large-scale construction project. Furthermore, the Field Application Engineer will implement our AR solution (Holosite) on this site; conducting daily inspections for the client and producing subsequent deliverables to provide peace of mind that works are being installed correctly first time.
- Establish and maintain our primary control network on site for the longevity of the project.
- Process and review all acquired data to ensure it is accurate and reliable.
- Conduct Holosite inspections daily to ensure works are installed as per the BIM Model.
- Work alongside other Field Application Engineers to maintain an efficient workflow to ensure all requested inspections are conducted within the specified time frame.
- Create deliverables in the form of reports based on the Holosite inspections from that day.
- Report to the Senior Field Application Engineer on a daily basis to ensure that all deliverables meet the highest standard before submission.
- Attend daily meetings to coordinate with contractors and subcontractors to plan daily activities.
- Take an active role in supporting the Senior Field Application Engineer train new users.
- Work with the Client, Main Contractor and Sub Contractors to devise weekly lookahead of HoloSite inspections in line with the master construction programme in order to de-risk incorrect installation from taking place in the field.
- Obtain and prepare the latest approved Revit models from contractors to export into HoloSite in line with the master construction programme.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Land Survey or Geomatics and/or relevant work experience which demonstrates applied knowledge of land survey procedures.
- Competent in all Construction, Land and Measured Building Survey techniques.
- Knowledge and working experience of – GPS, Total Stations, 3D Laser Scanners.
- Knowledge and working experience of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit or similar.
- Confident in using Microsoft Office – Specifically Word and Excel.
- English fluency (written and oral).
- Full European driver’s license.
- Safe Pass, CSCS Card or equivalent.